The transfer application window for the 2021-2022 school year is now open for current San Angelo ISD students. Transfer applications for current students will be accepted from March 22, 2021 through May 7, 2021. No new applications for transfers will be accepted after May 7, 2021.
All current transfer students (those currently enrolled at a school outside of their designated attendance zone) and students requesting a new transfer must complete a transfer application each year. Transfers are not guaranteed and are good for one school year only.
Please review the following information regarding the student transfer application process for the 2021-2022 school year.
- In-District transfers (students who live in San Angelo ISD boundaries and are interested in attending a campus outside of their assigned attendance zone) must complete an online application during the transfer application window. (If you live outside the district but are currently on a transfer to SAISD, you are considered an in-district transfer and will complete the online application.)
- New students (including kindergarten students) must first complete the registration process through your home campus and obtain a student ID in order to complete the transfer application online. Information about registration will be announced in April.
- Click here to complete the online "In-District Transfer Application"
- Out-of-District transfer applications (students who do not live in San Angelo ISD boundaries) are accepted year round. All new out-of-district transfer applications will require a paper/electronic application.
- Click here to download or print an "Out-of-District Student Transfer Application." This pdf application can be filled out using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader and then submitted by email or printed and completed by hand. Paper applications can also be picked up in the SAISD Student Services office located in the SAISD Administration Building at 1621 University Avenue.
- All parents/guardians requesting an out-of-district transfer will be required to email (email@example.com) or hand deliver the completed application to the SAISD Student Services office.
- All applicants will be notified at the email address provided in the application of their transfer application status (Approved/Denied/Placed on Hold) by June 11, 2021.
- Transfer applications will be processed beginning May 10, 2021 for students who have registered for the 2021-2022 school year.
For more information regarding the student transfer process, click here or contact the Director of Student Services at 325-947-3838, ext. 171.
In San Angelo ISD, we believe students receive a quality education regardless of the SAISD campus they attend but also understand there are times when parents desire for their child to attend a school other than the campus of their attendance zone for various reasons. We look forward to working with our families and students to provide a successful educational experience.